How to | Tips | Akubra | Measuring Your Head Size
How do I work out my hat size?
- Use a tape measure and measure the circumference of the head, just above the ears.
- Ensure that the tape is wound straight around the head and is level from front to back.
- You should feel a bump in the back of the head (ensure that the tape sits over the bump, as this will be the widest part)
- Measure a few times for accuracy, and even get a mate to help you out
If the measurement is in between sizes, please select the larger size; for example, a head measuring 58.1cm to 59cm would take a size 59 hat.
- It's always best to buy a hat that is a little too big, rather than too small.
- As well as moulding to your head, your Akubra hat will shrink over time.
- If a hat feels too loose initially, you can pack the inside of the crown to make the hat feel smaller, or use a Hat Insert.
- Hat Inserts can be stuck against the inside leather band at the front of the hat, it will create a smaller, more comfortable fit.
Contact our Customer Happy Team at email@example.com
- If you have any difficulty determining your size, please send us the measurements and we can recommend a size to fit.
- Not sure if the hat style will suit you- feel welcome to send us a photo and we can advice what we think would look fab on you :)